Chunky Vegetable Soup
Yield: Makes 35 cups
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (14-oz.) cans low-sodium beef broth
- 3 (29-oz.) cans mixed vegetables with potatoes, rinsed and drained
- 3 (14 1/2-oz.) cans diced new potatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can sweet peas with mushrooms and pearl onions, rinsed and drained
- 2 (26-oz.) jars tomato, herbs, and spices pasta sauce
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes with sweet onion
- 1. Cook ground chuck and onion, in batches, in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and return to Dutch oven. Stir in salt, pepper, and beef broth; bring to a boil.
- 2. Stir in mixed vegetables and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer at least 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico Organic Tomato, Herbs & Spices Pasta Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews