- 12 ounces dry bucatini or spaghetti pasta, uncooked
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper (2 cup = about 2 large)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 cup = about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil (3/4 cup = about 1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
How to Make It
Hands On: 35 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place over high heat 1 minute. Add zucchini, yellow bell pepper and salt. Cook and stir about 1 minute or just until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
Add oil to skillet; heat on high 1 minute. Add red bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook about 10 minutes, or until onions are tender and liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.
Add undrained tomatoes, basil and vinegar. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through.
Serve tomato sauce over hot cooked pasta. Add Parmesan cheese, if desired.