Chunky Sweet Potato Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper finely chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 quart(s) lower-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 pound(s) sweet potatoes, peeled cut into 1/2 in. chunks
- 2 can(s) (14 oz. each) lower-sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 Haas avacado thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. In 5-6 quart saucepot, heat oil on medium. Add onion and red pepper, cook 5 mins., sturring. Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and 1/2 teasp. salt. Cook 2 mins. stirring.
- 2. Add broth, potatoes, beans, water and 1/4 teasp. black pepper. Heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 mins.
- 3. Transfer 3 cups of soup to blender. Puree until smooth, return to pot. Stir in 1/2 teasp. salt. Serve, garnished with avadaco and cilantro, with lime.
- **Each serving is about 350 calories
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lfarah and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chunky Sweet Potato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews