Chunky Potato Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 medium red potatoes peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 cup(s) milk
- crushed red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup(s) cooked ham cubed
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Set aside potatoes.
- Peel and finely chop onion. Melt butter in sucepan over medium heat. Add onion to saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown.
- Add flour to saucepan; season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste. Cook 3 - 4 minutes.
- Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk and sugar to onion mixture in saucepan; stil well. Add cheese and ham Simnmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NanaMarsha and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chunky Potato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews