Chunky Peach Chutney
This ingredient list looks long, but after chopping and measuring everything, it all goes into a Dutch oven to simmer. Because the yield is 7 cups, you might consider giving jars of this tasty chutney to guests as they head home. Store up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
More From Southern Living
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pounds peaches, cut into chunks (do not peel)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup pitted dried cherries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons brandy*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in peaches and next 9 ingredients, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour or until thickened. (Do not cook until fruit is mushy.) Stir in pecans.
- *Apple cider or juice may be substituted for brandy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note