Chunky Hazelnut-Toffee Cookies
It's hard to resist these cookies chock-full of chocolate and nuts. And remember there are no rules–you can use any candy bar or nut you want to!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1.4-ounce) English toffee-flavored candy bars, chopped
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (about 20 ounces)
- 1 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts or pecans
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Beat butter at medium speed of an electric beater until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- 2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients, stirring well. Add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- 3. Stir in candy bars, chocolate chunks, and nuts. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 1/2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and let cool completely.
For an easy way to remove the skins from hazelnuts, cook them with 1 teapsoon baking soda in boiling water 30 to 45 seconds. Drain the nuts; rub them with a dish towel, and the skins will come right off. Make sure you dry them completely before toasting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note