Love gazpacho in all its variations. Usually use V8 juice, shallots, heirlooms tomatoes, some mixed color peppers, any veggie you like. Chop any veggies you like, add some heat with a light pepper like ancho or some hot sauce, herbs as you like. Made a couple of batches this summer, and ate both myself. Haven't topped them with anything, but one of my favorite cooking magazines typed it with grilled shrimp. Looked wonderful too. Will try this recipe this summer.
Chunky Gazpacho with Sautéed Shrimp
This chilled soup recipe is filled with fresh ingredients and plated to impress. Serve with homemade pita chips for a low-calorie dinner delight.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 581mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 1/2 cups chilled low-sodium vegetable juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds red tomatoes, cored, chopped, and divided
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1. Place vegetable juice, salt, ground red pepper, half of red tomatoes, and garlic in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed tomato mixture into a large bowl. Place the remaining red tomatoes, 2/3 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup bell pepper, 1 tablespoon basil, and lemon juice in blender; process until smooth. Add to pureed tomato mixture in bowl. Stir in remaining 1/3 cup cucumber, 1/4 cup bell pepper, and yellow tomatoes. Cover and chill.
- 2. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat.
- 3. Ladle about 1 3/4 cups soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 4 ounces shrimp, 2 tablespoons yogurt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note