Seems like a good, healthy recipe to me, will give it a try this week...
Chunky Fish Fingers with Pea and Mint Puree
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 26.4g
- Carbohydrate: 19.6g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1 pound skinless Pacific cod or other firm-fleshed white fish fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 mint leaves
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
- 2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/4 cups. Arrange breadcrumbs on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes or until light golden. Cool; place in a shallow dish.
- 3. Cut fish into 16 (3 x 1-inch) pieces; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour and egg in separate shallow dishes. Dredge 1 fish finger in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip fish in egg; dredge in breadcrumbs. Repeat procedure with remaining fish, flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Arrange coated fish on a wire rack on a baking sheet; lightly coat fish with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in peas; cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, mint, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place pea mixture in a food processor; process until smooth. Place about 1/3 cup pea puree in the middle of each of 4 plates. Stack 4 fish fingers on the puree. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This