Holy Chocolate, Batman! These babies rock! You gotta REALLY like chocolate though! Just as I presumed, they aren't "sweet" - they are more like a "death by chocolate" (if you've had it, you know exactly what I mean...). They are a balance between the taste of a good dark chocolate and a velvety rich chocolate. I was a little worried they would be too bitter for my kids , so I used Almond Joy instead of Mounds AND I mixed in some Milky Way bars too. When I tasted them (fresh out of the oven, ooey and gooey!), I thought my kids would only be able to eat one. I poured up 3 tall glasses of milk (for my 3 most HONEST critics...) and they all ate 3 cookies! They loved them! They told me they are their new favorite cookie. I baked them to take in to their teachers tomorrow - so I'll see how they pass the school taste test! I highly recommend you give this recipe a try, esp. if you like dark chocolate or prefer things that are not overly "sweet". Sweet or not - I LOVE all chocolate! Enjoy
Chunky Chocolate Gobs
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (16 cookies)
- 3 (1.75-oz.) Mounds bars, chilled and chopped
- 1 to 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in cookies, candy bars, and desired amount of chocolate morsels. Chill dough 30 minutes.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2" apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until barely set. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts