I have made these cookies many times - they never fail to be a favorite for work events, etc. I use Snickers instead of Mounds because I'm never sure who likes coconut, and I like the caramel from the Snickers. I also use part chocolate chips & part toffee chips, which is really good. These are definitely rich and full of chocolate.
Chunky Chocolate Gobs
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (16 cookies)
- 3 (1.75-oz.) Mounds bars, chilled and chopped
- 1 to 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in cookies, candy bars, and desired amount of chocolate morsels. Chill dough 30 minutes.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2" apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until barely set. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note