These cookies are GREAT and easy to make. They're over the top chocolate chip cookies. I make them every Christmas and everyone just loves them.
Chunky Cherry-Double Chip Cookies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 14 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- Microwave 1 tablespoon water and dried cherries in a glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds, stirring once. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in semisweet chocolate chunks, white chocolate morsels, almonds, and cherries. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note