These cookies are GREAT and easy to make. They're over the top chocolate chip cookies. I make them every Christmas and everyone just loves them.
Chunky Cherry-Double Chip Cookies
Yield: Makes about 5 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 14 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- Microwave 1 tablespoon water and dried cherries in a glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds, stirring once. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in semisweet chocolate chunks, white chocolate morsels, almonds, and cherries. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts