- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
How to Make It
Microwave 1 tablespoon water and dried cherries in a glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds, stirring once. Let stand 10 minutes.
Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in semisweet chocolate chunks, white chocolate morsels, almonds, and cherries. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 8 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.