Excellent. I had a really good beef cut I needed to use which helped. I did add a second can of beef broth and then a cup of rotini pasta. My children will eat anything with a pasta noodle in it.
Chunky Beef 'n' Tomato Chili
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chiles
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can light kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings: chipotle hot sauce, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, Quick Creamy Vegetable Dip
- Cook beef in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally into large chunks, 10 minutes or until no longer pink. (Do not stir beef into crumbles.) Drain and return beef to Dutch oven.
- Stir both cans of diced tomatoes and next 7 ingredients into browned beef; reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Stir in beans, and simmer 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note