- 1 pound ground round
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chiles
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can light kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings: chipotle hot sauce, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, Quick Creamy Vegetable Dip
How to Make It
Cook beef in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally into large chunks, 10 minutes or until no longer pink. (Do not stir beef into crumbles.) Drain and return beef to Dutch oven.
Stir both cans of diced tomatoes and next 7 ingredients into browned beef; reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Stir in beans, and simmer 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.