Chunky Bean and Chicken Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- cups tortilla chips
- 1 lb. chicken
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 2 19-oz. cans cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 4.5-oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 14-oz. can reduced sodium chicken broth
- Fresh Cilantro (optional)
- 1. Preheat broiler. Coarsely crush 2 cups of the chips.
- 2. In 4- to 5- quart Dutch oven brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat. Add beans, 1 cup of the cheese, the chilies, broth, 1/2 cup water; and crushed chips. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, for tortilla crisps, place remaining 1 cup chips on baking sheet lined with nonstick foil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is melted and begins to brown. Serve chili with tortilla crisps. Sprinkle cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
- nutrition facts
- Calories575 Total Fat (g)23 Saturated Fat (g)10, Monounsaturated Fat (g)2, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)3, Cholesterol (mg)111, Sodium (mg)1172, Carbohydrate (g)52, Total Sugar (g)1, Fiber (g)14, Protein (g)55, Vitamin C (DV%)13, Calcium (DV%)43, Iron (DV%)23, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chunky Bean and Chicken Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews