Chunky Asian Slaw
You'll find hoisin sauce in the Asian section of the supermarket. One tablespoon of hoisin sauce has 7 grams of carbohydrate, and you only need to use a small amount to get a big flavor boost.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 53
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 134mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 4 cups coarsely shredded napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine vinegar, hoisin sauce, and oil, stirring well. Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture; toss well.
- 3. Serve immediately, or cover and chill. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.
- carbo rating: 5
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This