We left the skins on the McIntosh apples to provide texture and color to this favorite fruit dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 117
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 29.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 6.4mg
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 pounds Golden Delicious apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 pounds McIntosh apples, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (optional)
- 1. Coat a 5-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine apples, next 4 ingredients (through juice), and butter, if desired, in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Stir until desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled.
- Ingredient Tip: For chunkier applesauce, do not mash the mixture after cooking.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note