I've made this delicious cake several times and every time there were raves and requests for the recipe. Nice for dessert or morning coffee. I cut the apples into chunks instead of slices. While the dough is very dense, it yields a very moist cake. Better backed the night before.
Chunky Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in apple slices and 1 cup walnuts. Spread into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Spread with Cream Cheese Frosting; sprinkle with walnuts, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This