If I ever want to impress guests this will now be my go-to recipe. It was so easy and so so so good! The alterations I made were: used cherry coke, used 1.75 lbs of beef, cooked for 5 1/2 hrs, and used 1 onion. I'd follow the directions if I had everything on hand. Will definitely make over and over and over again!
Chuck Roast Barbecue
- 1 (2- to 2 1/2-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup cola carbonated beverage
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 6 hamburger buns
- Combine roast and chopped onion in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Combine cola and next 7 ingredients; reserve 1/2 cup in refrigerator. Pour remaining mixture over roast and onion.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH 6 hours or until roast is very tender; drain and shred roast. Keep warm.
- Combine reserved 1/2 cup cola mixture, ketchup, and butter in a small saucepan; cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until thoroughly heated. Pour over shredded roast, stirring gently. Spoon onto buns, and serve with potato chips and pickle spears, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This