Chubby Hubby French Toast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1.5 cup(s) cream
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) fleur du sel (vanilla if you can find it)
- 1 tablespoon(s) single malt scotch or whiskey
- 2.5 ounce(s) sugar
- 4 slice(s) thick bread
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Cut off bread crusts if they offend you. Cut bread into 2 or 4 pieces depending on preferences.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, sugar, fleur du sel, vanilla, and Scotch. Taste and add more sugar, salt or whiskey to taste.
- Take half of the butter and melt over a mediumhigh heat in a nonstick pan.
- While the butter is melting, soak half of the bread in the batter. Turn so that all sides of the bread get covered. Soak for a minute or so or until bread is soaked through but not mushy.
- Gently place the soaked bread onto the pan, frying it until golden on one side, then flipping to fry the other side, also until golden.
- Repeat with the rest of the butter and bread. Plate and then sprinkle some powdered sugar over the toast, or sauce with maple syrup or salted caramel. You can also garnish with fresh fruit.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Strich and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note