Christmas Tree Hotcakes
To make these pancakes without cookie cutters, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle, and proceed as directed.
Yield: Makes 12 hotcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/8 cups milk (use more for thinner batter)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 to 4 (4 1/2- to 5-inch) heavy metal cookie cutters
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; whisk in 1 1/8 cups milk and egg, whisking until mixture is blended.
- Grease heavy metal cookie cutters lightly, and place on hot (375°), lightly greased griddle. Pour pancake batter (approximately 2 tablespoons) into each cutter. Using tongs, remove cutters after 1 minute (cutters will be hot); cook pancakes 2 more minutes. Turn pancakes over, and cook 2 to 3 more minutes or until done.
- Pecan Pancakes: Stir 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans into batter. Proceed as directed.
- Banana Pancakes: Stir 1 cup chopped banana (2 bananas) into batter. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note