Very creative idea when children are in attendance. I'd push a peanut butter cup onto the large end for the tree stump, and put the star at the top the tree, and use M and M's instead......Go EASY on the icing if the kids are young!!!!
Christmas Tree Cake Wedges
Photographer: Lee Harrleson; Stylists: Jan Gautro, Ana Kelly
- Sugar-and-Spice Cake
- Vanilla Buttercream
- Kelly Green Icing Color
- Cherry Licorice Candy (such as Twizzlers Pull-n-Peel)
- Ready-to-Use Gum Paste with Golden Yellow Icing Color (Wilton)
- Prepare spice cake recipe using 2 (9-inch) cake pans.
- Omit milk in Vanilla Buttercream recipe and tint icing with Wilton Kelly Green icing color. (Or use store-bought green frosting). Spread ¾ cup frosting between layers. Spread a very thin layer (crumb coat) of frosting over top and sides of cake. Cut cake into 8 wedges using a sharp serrated or electric knife. Arrange wedges on their sides on a sheet pan; freeze 1 hour.
- Spread icing over all sides of each cake wedge. Decorate with licorice candy to form garlands and Skittles for ornaments. For star: tint Wilton Ready-to-Use Gum Paste with Golden Yellow icing color. Roll out to 1/3 inch thickness; cut with a small star cookie cutter. Secure stars to top of each cake wedge with a toothpick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Christmas Tree Cake Wedges Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: MyRecipes
More Recipes for Main Dishes