Christmas Thumbprint Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Butter Very very soft
- 2/3 cup(s) Confectioner Sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon At least!
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 cup(s) Flour
- Raspberry or Apricot jam Not too chunky
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat all ingredients together. Butter should be very soft..almost (but not) melted. Make sure ingredients are really mixed well..that's a lot of flour!
- Roll into little balls...put your thumb and index finger together to make the letter O...that is how big they should be. Use someone's little thumb (but in reality, the pointer finger works better) to put a little depression in the cookie. Line them up on a cookie sheet ( un-greased...you are using a pound of butter, no need to grease the sheet). Fill the depression w a little jam...it will bubble as it cooks, so don't overfill. If you get any on the cookie sheet, wipe it off as it will burn.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let them cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CSweeney22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note