Christmas Sugar Plums
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup(s) dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cherries
- 4 cup(s) toasted pecans, rough chopped
- 3 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar + additional, as needed, for rolling
- 1 cup(s) honey
- Roughly chop dried fruit & toasted pecans (or pulse in food processor until roughly chopped.)
- In mixing bowl, combine chopped fruit & nuts with powdered sugar & spices. Mix by hand until sugar coats all of the pieces.
- Add honey & mix until mixture comes together into a stiff mass.
- Pinch off pieces of mixture & roll into 1" balls. (Hint: a little cold water on the hands helps prevent sticking.) Roll each piece in powdered sugar.
- Store at room temperature for up to a week, or refrigerate for longer storage.
- Note: We prefer the texture of fruits rough chopped by hand. Using a food processor results in a more blended, sticky mixture. Sugar Plums stay firmer stored in the refrigerator. Placing each ball into a mini-cupcake paper prevents them from sticking together when stored.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by schelms and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes