Christmas Sugar Plums
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup(s) dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cherries
- 4 cup(s) toasted pecans, rough chopped
- 3 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar + additional, as needed, for rolling
- 1 cup(s) honey
- Roughly chop dried fruit & toasted pecans (or pulse in food processor until roughly chopped.)
- In mixing bowl, combine chopped fruit & nuts with powdered sugar & spices. Mix by hand until sugar coats all of the pieces.
- Add honey & mix until mixture comes together into a stiff mass.
- Pinch off pieces of mixture & roll into 1" balls. (Hint: a little cold water on the hands helps prevent sticking.) Roll each piece in powdered sugar.
- Store at room temperature for up to a week, or refrigerate for longer storage.
- Note: We prefer the texture of fruits rough chopped by hand. Using a food processor results in a more blended, sticky mixture. Sugar Plums stay firmer stored in the refrigerator. Placing each ball into a mini-cupcake paper prevents them from sticking together when stored.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by schelms and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note