Christmas Shortbread Cookies
Yield: Makes 16 (4 3/4-inch) cookies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
Cool: 6 Minutes
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°. Beat all ingredients at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer just until combined.
- 2. Place dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 4 3/4-inch Christmas tree-shape cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake, in batches, at 275° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely (about 5 minutes).
Bake time is per batch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note