- 8 ounces thick bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped (about 7 cups loosely packed)
- 1 bunch red Swiss chard, stemmed and coarsely chopped (about 8 cups loosely packed)
- 2 small beets, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, using a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Reserve 6 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Add onion, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add red wine vinegar to skillet, and stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Whisk in honey.
Toss together chopped kale, Swiss chard, onion mixture, and remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper in a large bowl. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with cooked bacon, beet slices, pumpkin seeds, dried cherries, and feta cheese. Serve immediately.