I get asked to make this every year for every holiday! It is too much liquid for my tupperware jell-o mold, so after pouring in half the liquid to chill, I take out one cup and mix the remainder with the cream cheese and pecans while it is still warm. It really makes a pretty side dish.
Christmas Ribbon Salad
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup port or sweet red wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Garnishes: whipped cream, fresh cranberries
- Drain cherries, reserving 1 cup juice. Chop cherries.
- Stir together gelatins and 2 cups boiling water until dissolved. Stir in reserved juice, sugar, port, and lemon juice. Stir in cherries.
- Pour half of gelatin mixture into a lightly greased 10-cup ring mold or Bundt cake pan. Chill 2 hours or until almost set.
- Stir together remaining gelatin mixture, cream cheese, and pecans, blending well. Pour over slightly set gelatin mixture in mold. Chill 6 hours or until firm. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads