- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup commercial sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, chopped
- Wine Sauce
How to Make It
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, soda, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Dredge raisins in remaining flour, and fold into batter. Spoon batter into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart steamed pudding mold, and cover tightly with lid.
Place mold on rack in a large stockpot with enough boiling water to come halfway up sides of mold. Cover stock pot; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer 3 hours. Remove mold from water, and cool slightly. Loosen pudding from sides of mold. Unmold onto a serving plate. Slice pudding and serve warm with Wine Sauce.