More From Oxmoor House
Other: 4 Hours
- 2/3 cup currants
- 2/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 (.25-oz.) package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk (100° to 110°)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Mascarpone Cream
- Combine currants, apricots, raisins, and bourbon in a small bowl. Let stand 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Combine yeast and milk in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Stir in 1 cup flour until well blended; cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, sugar, and salt in a bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add orange rind and vanilla; beat 2 minutes. Add 3 cups flour alternately with eggs, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in yeast mixture. Turn out dough onto a floured surface, and knead until smooth while gradually folding in fruit mixture (8 to 10 minutes). Place dough in a buttered bowl, turning to butter the top. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Butter a 10" springform pan. Place dough in pan, pressing to evenly fill pan. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise 1 hour, or until dough reaches top of pan. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Remove from oven, and brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove sides of pan, and allow bread to cool. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve with Mascarpone Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This