Christmas Morning Waffles (made w/ cornmeal)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Buttermilk (see note)
- 2 Eggs
- 5 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter (see note) Melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup(s) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup(s) Yellow Cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 can(s) Non stick Cooking Spray
- baking powder
- baking soda
- all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- white vinegar
- granulated sugar
- Note: If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own. Just add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider or white vinegar to 1 cup milk; stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Also Can replace Butter with 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and butter.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently just to combine. (Do not overmix; it will look slightly lumpy.)
- Be sure to spray non-stick spray in the waffle iron or it might stick.
- Ladle the batter into the waffle iron. Makes 8 waffles
- Cook as directed per your own waffle iron.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SarahHarry and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note