Christmas Morning Waffles (made w/ cornmeal)
Community Recipe from
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Buttermilk (see note)
- 2 Eggs
- 5 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter (see note) Melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup(s) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup(s) Yellow Cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 can(s) Non stick Cooking Spray
- baking powder
- baking soda
- all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- white vinegar
- granulated sugar
- Note: If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own. Just add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider or white vinegar to 1 cup milk; stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Also Can replace Butter with 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and butter.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently just to combine. (Do not overmix; it will look slightly lumpy.)
- Be sure to spray non-stick spray in the waffle iron or it might stick.
- Ladle the batter into the waffle iron. Makes 8 waffles
- Cook as directed per your own waffle iron.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SarahHarry and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes