Christmas Luncheon Crabmeat Bisque
For a shrimp bisque, replace crab with 1 1/2 cups cooked, peeled and cleaned shrimp.
Yield: serves 4
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups cooked crabmeat
- Optional: 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- Garnish: additional chopped green onion
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add next 5 ingredients and sauté until soft.
- In a saucepan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir in flour. Add milk and cook, stirring until thickened and smooth. Stir in salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add sautéed vegetables and half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil, stirring; reduce heat. Add crabmeat, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. If desired, stir in sherry just prior to serving. Top with additional green onion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Christmas Luncheon Crabmeat Bisque Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews