Christmas Luncheon Crabmeat Bisque
For a shrimp bisque, replace crab with 1 1/2 cups cooked, peeled and cleaned shrimp.
Yield: serves 4
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups cooked crabmeat
- Optional: 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- Garnish: additional chopped green onion
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add next 5 ingredients and sauté until soft.
- In a saucepan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir in flour. Add milk and cook, stirring until thickened and smooth. Stir in salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add sautéed vegetables and half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil, stirring; reduce heat. Add crabmeat, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. If desired, stir in sherry just prior to serving. Top with additional green onion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This