Notes: You can make the cranberry-kir base (steps 1 and 2) up to 1 week ahead. Keep it on hand for quick refreshment; use just the amount you need and keep the rest chilled airtight.
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups cranberry-kir base, enough for 32 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 0.6%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 6.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 lemon (about 2 in. wide), rinsed
- 1 orange (about 2 1/2 in. wide), rinsed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (11.5 oz.) cranberry-raspberry fruit juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 quarts sparkling apple juice, chilled
- 1. Slice lemon crosswise, discarding seeds and ends. With a vegetable peeler, pare peel from orange (colored part only); reserve orange for another use. In a food processor, whirl lemon and orange peel until finely chopped.
- 2. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine citrus mixture, sugar, fruit juice concentrate, and dried cranberries. Boil over high heat, stirring often, until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, 3 to 4 minutes. Cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
- 3. Stir cranberry base. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture, including fruit, into each glass (at least 1-cup size), add 3/4 cup sparkling apple juice, stir, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Christmas Kir Recipe at a Glance