- 1 lemon (about 2 in. wide), rinsed
- 1 orange (about 2 1/2 in. wide), rinsed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (11.5 oz.) cranberry-raspberry fruit juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 quarts sparkling apple juice, chilled
- calories 140
- caloriesfromfat 0.6 %
- protein 0.1 g
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 6.5 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Slice lemon crosswise, discarding seeds and ends. With a vegetable peeler, pare peel from orange (colored part only); reserve orange for another use. In a food processor, whirl lemon and orange peel until finely chopped.
In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine citrus mixture, sugar, fruit juice concentrate, and dried cranberries. Boil over high heat, stirring often, until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, 3 to 4 minutes. Cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
Stir cranberry base. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture, including fruit, into each glass (at least 1-cup size), add 3/4 cup sparkling apple juice, stir, and serve.