- 1 (16-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce*
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
How to Make It
Combine cranberry sauce and next 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir together flour and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; add to cranberry mixture.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; cool. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Serve with cream cheese and gourmet crackers or with meat.
*Whole-berry cranberry sauce may be substituted.