These flavorful cookies are good anytime of the year. (From 101 Best-loved Holiday Cookies, 1998 Sunset)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) dark molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- Beat butter or margarine (at room temperature) with sugar and molasses; then beat in egg. Mix in flour, baking soda and spices.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and set 2 inches apart on buttered baking sheets. With a flat-bottomed glass dipped in granulated sugar (1/4 cup total), flatten balls to 1/4 inch.
- Bake in 325 degree oven until cookies spring back when gently pressed in center, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool, then serve, or store up to 1 week. MAKES: 65.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Christmas Gingersnaps Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies