Christmas Gift Bread
Tips-1)To make a good breakfast bread or toast,add to the batter 1/2 cup chopped walnuts,1 tsp.grated orange rind and 1/2 tsp.cinnamon.2)You can also bake the bread in 2 oiled 1-ib.coffee cans for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Good Served With-1)Beef-vegetable soup,tossed green salad,and thinly sliced Edam or Gouda cheese.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup(s) wheat germ
- 1/2 cup(s) dried milk powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1)Combine the flours,,wheat germ,dried milk powder,sesame seeds,brown sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt.2)Stir in the water,mixing well.3)Butter 4 1-lb.shortening cans.4)Pour in the batter.5)Smooth tops.6)Cover each tightly with foil.7)Bake at 350`f for 40 to 50 minutes,or until tops are golden brown.8)Immediately remove bread from cans.9)Cool on racks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes