Christmas Gift Bread
Tips-1)To make a good breakfast bread or toast,add to the batter 1/2 cup chopped walnuts,1 tsp.grated orange rind and 1/2 tsp.cinnamon.2)You can also bake the bread in 2 oiled 1-ib.coffee cans for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Good Served With-1)Beef-vegetable soup,tossed green salad,and thinly sliced Edam or Gouda cheese.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup(s) wheat germ
- 1/2 cup(s) dried milk powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1)Combine the flours,,wheat germ,dried milk powder,sesame seeds,brown sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt.2)Stir in the water,mixing well.3)Butter 4 1-lb.shortening cans.4)Pour in the batter.5)Smooth tops.6)Cover each tightly with foil.7)Bake at 350`f for 40 to 50 minutes,or until tops are golden brown.8)Immediately remove bread from cans.9)Cool on racks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note