Christmas Eve Hot Chocolate
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
- 12 ounces strong black coffee
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 ounces coffee liqueur
- 3 ounces dark crème de cacao
- 2 ounces grappa or brandy
- Whipped cream
- Combine coffee, chopped dark chocolate, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate has melted. Stir in coffee liqueur, dark crème de cacao, and grappa or brandy. Serve in tiny espresso cups topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Reprinted with permission from Raising the Bar (Artisan, 2004) by Nick Mautone with Marah Stets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes