Christmas Eve Hot Chocolate
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
- 12 ounces strong black coffee
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 ounces coffee liqueur
- 3 ounces dark crème de cacao
- 2 ounces grappa or brandy
- Whipped cream
- Combine coffee, chopped dark chocolate, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate has melted. Stir in coffee liqueur, dark crème de cacao, and grappa or brandy. Serve in tiny espresso cups topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Reprinted with permission from Raising the Bar (Artisan, 2004) by Nick Mautone with Marah Stets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note