This coffee cake was good, but it seemed quite labor intensive to me. I think I would decrease the sugar by 1/3 to 1/2 because it was very sweet. But it's a beautiful cake with a wow factor!
Christmas Coffee Cake
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two forks until crumbly. Firmly press 2 1/2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- 2. Stir together sour cream, egg, and baking soda; add to remaining crumb mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour sour cream mixture over crumb crust in pan; arrange pecan halves over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 40 minutes to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes.
- 4. Stir together orange juice and honey, and brush over top of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch