I agree with other reviews about the great complimenting tastes of the two sauces; however, I would change a couple things about this dish. It felt like too much of a hodgepodge, and next time I would layer the filling between corn or flour tortillas, instead of using just a few baked tortilla chips. I also think the dish needed more of a tortilla to vegetable ratio, and more cheese!
This Mexican entrée was invented to use up leftovers, earning it the reputation of a working person's dish. This version gets its name by being served with both red and green chile sauces.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Carbohydrate: 31.1g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 411mg
- Calcium: 139mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 2 cups (1/4-inch) diced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Roasted Anaheim Chiles
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces baked tortilla chips (about 2 cups), divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim Oaxaca cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups Green Chile Sauce
- 2 cups New Mexican Red Chile Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add corn, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion; sauté 6 minutes or until browned. Add chopped chiles, oregano, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Arrange half of tortilla chips in a single layer in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread half of corn mixture evenly over tortilla chips. Top with 1/2 cup cheese. Arrange remaining tortilla chips over cheese. Spread remaining corn mixture evenly over tortilla chips. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Top each serving with 1/4 cup Green Chile Sauce and 1/4 cup New Mexican Red Chile Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles