Christmas Cherry-Berry Pie
The festive and flavorful cranberry sauce adds special seasonal flavor to this all-time favorite cherry pie.
Yield: serves 8
- 1 (21-oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16-oz.) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine all ingredients except butter and milk; let stand 15 minutes.
- Divide pastry in half; set one half aside. Roll half the dough out and line a 9" pie plate; add filling mixture. Dot with butter. Roll remaining dough into a 12-inch circle; cut into 3/4-inch wide strips. Lay strips on pie at one-inch intervals; fold back alternate strips as you weave crosswise strips over and under.
- Trim crust even with outer rim of pie plate. Dampen edge of crust with water; fold over strips, seal and crimp. Brush lattice with milk. Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes, covering edge of crust with aluminum foil after 15 minutes to prevent browning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts