Christmas Breakfast Scone
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- Mix flour, soda and salt together in a bowl. Gradually stir in enough buttermilk so it is of a dough consistency. shape mixture on a floured board by patting it down in a round pizza shape about 1inch thick; cut into 8 wedge. Using a electric grill turned to 340 brown the scones for 10 minutes on each side until they feel firm. On Christmas morning slice them in half and fry them in bacon fat on the grilled until they are crispy and brown. Eat with butter and jam.
- I have also baked them using a pizza stone in the oven. Heating the pizza stone to a high temp then turning the oven down to 350 and baking the scones on each side for about 10 minutes or until firm and done, then frying them on Christmas morning.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jrice71 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note