This chili is so quick and easy to make, and absolutely delicious! Who needs meat in chili? You won't miss it in this dish. I rarely prepare a recipe more than once in a month, but I have made this over and over again, and make quick cornbread to go with it. I enjoy storing the leftovers in individual containers in the freezer, which make great lunches at work.
Christine's Vegetarian Chili
Gluten- free and meat-free, this hearty chili is full of corn, beans, onion, and bell pepper and is ready in about 25 minutes. The recipe does call for Worcestershire sauce, so be sure to use a brand that does not contain gluten.
More From Coastal Living
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1.7-ounce) package chili seasoning
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Toppings: Hot sauce, chopped onions, sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in chili seasoning and next 5 ingredients. Cook 15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Serve with toppings, if desired.
- Note: This is best made ahead (up to three days) so the flavors can meld; add parsley just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note