- 5 green bell peppers
- 5 red bell peppers
- 2 large green tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 1/2 small cabbage
- 1/4 cup pickling salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Chop first 5 ingredients.
- Stir together chopped vegetables and salt in a large Dutch oven. Cover and chill 8 hours. Rinse and drain; return mixture to Dutch oven. Stir in sugar and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Pack hot mixture into hot jars, filling to 1/2 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling-water bath 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments