Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) meat sliced
- 2 whole(s) yellow onions chopped
- 2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1 whole(s) red bell pepper chopped
- 1 can(s) bamboo shoots sliced, drained
- 1 can(s) baby corn drained
- 1 cup(s) fresh bean sprouts
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti or chow mein noodles prepared
- 1. Use 4-quart slow cooker. Put the meat into the stoneware, and add chopped onion, celery, and two cups water. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Shred the meat carefully with two forks.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, and molasses. Mix until smooth with no clumpy balls of cornstarch. Set aside. Add the bell pepper to the pot. Add the bamboo shoots, corn, and bean sprouts. Stir in the sauce mixture. Cover the slow cooker again and cook on high for about 1 hour, or until the flavors have melded, and the vegetables have reached the desired tenderness.
- 3. Before serving, cook pasta according to package instructions in heavily salted water. When the pasta is al dente, drain and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok, and add a bit of the salt and pepper. On high heat, toss the cooked pasta in the olive oil, allowing it to sizzle and get a tiny crust on the some of the noodles. Serve the noodles with the slow cooked vegetables and meat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rebeccacooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes