- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 (16-ounce) jars sauerkraut, drained
- 3 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet red paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Place onion in a lightly greased roasting pan or 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add sauerkraut and next 6 ingredients, stirring until well blended. Pour water over the surface. Bake, covered, 1 hour. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes. If desired, place grilled bratwurst on sauerkraut mixture for the last 30 minutes of baking time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This