- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 (16-ounce) jars sauerkraut, drained
- 3 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet red paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
How to Make It
Place onion in a lightly greased roasting pan or 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until tender.
Add sauerkraut and next 6 ingredients, stirring until well blended. Pour water over the surface. Bake, covered, 1 hour. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes. If desired, place grilled bratwurst on sauerkraut mixture for the last 30 minutes of baking time.