Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- (1) 15 oz can(s) rinsed pinto beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 8 ounce(s) ground pork or turkey
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 16-18 oz long baguette
- 1/2 cup(s) queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) thinly sliced red onion
- 1. Mash beans and avocado together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add meat; cook, stirring and breaking up with a spoon, until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in vinegar, chili powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt, set aside. Wash and dry the pan.
- 3. Cut baguette into 4 equal lengths and split horizontally. Pull out most of the soft bread from the center, leaving mostly crust. Divide the bean mixture, meat mixture, cheese and onion among the sandwiches.
- 4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches and place a medium skillet on top of them. Place 4 cans or other weights in the skillet to press the sandwiches. Cook until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, turn the sandwiches over and cook until the second side is golden, 1-3 minutes more. Repeat with the last 2 sandwiches.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lec2003 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note