Community Recipe from
- (1) 15 oz can(s) rinsed pinto beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 8 ounce(s) ground pork or turkey
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 16-18 oz long baguette
- 1/2 cup(s) queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) thinly sliced red onion
- 1. Mash beans and avocado together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add meat; cook, stirring and breaking up with a spoon, until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in vinegar, chili powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt, set aside. Wash and dry the pan.
- 3. Cut baguette into 4 equal lengths and split horizontally. Pull out most of the soft bread from the center, leaving mostly crust. Divide the bean mixture, meat mixture, cheese and onion among the sandwiches.
- 4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches and place a medium skillet on top of them. Place 4 cans or other weights in the skillet to press the sandwiches. Cook until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, turn the sandwiches over and cook until the second side is golden, 1-3 minutes more. Repeat with the last 2 sandwiches.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lec2003 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes