Chorizo-Topped Mexican Pizzas
These individual-sized Mexican pizzas are made with tortillas as the crust and piled high with ingredients from down South. Chorizo is a spicy sausage that can be purchased as a fresh sausage or dry smoked in links. For this recipe, you will want to use the fresh version. This Mexican pizza can be ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 avocado - halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounce(s) chorizo sausage
- cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) deli-fresh chunky salsa with corn and beans
- 4 green onions, chopped
- lime wedges
- 4 ounce(s) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup(s) snipped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. In large skillet crumble and cook chorizo over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain in colander.
- 3. In small saucepan heat salsa over medium heat until heated through.
- 4. Lightly coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange tortillas, two at time, on baking sheet; top each with one-fourth the cheese. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- 5. Top each pizza with one-fourth the warm salsa, cooked chorizo, avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Pass lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by flambe99 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chorizo-Topped Mexican Pizzas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes