More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 459mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 4 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 (6-ounce) dressed whole trout
- Cooking spray
- 10 lemon wedges
- 1. Position one oven rack in the middle of oven and another oven rack on the bottom level of oven. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 2 cups.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients (through chorizo) to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper evenly inside of fish. Spoon 1/4 cup mushroom mixture inside each fish. Place fish on 2 jelly-roll pans coated with cooking spray. Place pans on middle and bottom oven racks. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Rotate pans on racks; bake an additional 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork or desired degree of doneness. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes