Chorizo-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 acorn squashes (about 1 1/2 lb ea) halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup(s) burger
- 4 ounce(s) manchego or cheddar (1 cup) grated
- 3 ounce(s) cured chorizo chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) flat leaf parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 head(s) red leaf lettuce about 6 cups) leaves torn
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place the squash halves cut-side down in a baking dish, add 1/4 inch water, cover with foil, and bake until tender, 25-30 mins.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook the bulger according to the package directions. In a med bowl, combine the bulger, manchego/cheddar,chorizo,parsley,, 1 tbl of othe oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- 3. Turn the squash halves cut-side up and, dividing evenly, fill with the bulger mixture. Bake until the filling is warmed through and the manchego is melted, 8-10 mins.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 2 tbl of oil, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and toss to combine. Serve with the squash.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chorizo-Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes